It’s Fall Y’all! My favorite season of the year and the best season. It’s the perfect temperature like spring but minus the bees, pollen, and allergies. I can wear cozy sweaters, scarves, and boots, and stand outside more than 10 minutes. There are pumpkins, holidays, leaves that change color, and cool weather. What else could you ask for?
Some fun fall things to do with friends! Because how do you enjoy the best season of the year without some great friends to help you reap the harvest for in autumn season? Look no further for your fun fall bucket list ideas for 2021.
This post may contain affiliate links, which means I’ll receive a commission if you purchase through my links, at no extra cost to you. Please read the full disclosure for more information.
Autumn Bucket List Ideas 2021
For some, completing a fall bucket list is like a tradition. For others, it’s about reliving childhood memories. Personally, doing a bucket list in autumn is about enjoying my favorite season of the year.
Fall is packed with great weather, awesome holidays, and beautiful scenery.
But Whatever your reason for wanting a list of fun fall things to do with friends, I hope you enjoy all the beauty that the autumn season has to offer. This fall bucket list is here to help you make that happen. But before we get to the autumn activities for adults…
What is a fall bucket list?
A fall bucket list contains a list of fun activities for you to do during the autumn months of the year. Some of these fall activities can actually be done year round while others only come around once a season.
In order to get the most from the fall season, this fall bucket list suggests ideas for some fun fall outdoor and indoor activities to do by yourself or with friends. Since some are seasonal fall activities, it’s important to do them while you can. After all, you’ll have to wait another 9 months for it to come around again.
But even if you don’t check everything off of the bucket list, focus on enjoying the season that God has brought here and now.
What should I put on my fall bucket list?
Your fall bucket list should be full of activities to help you enjoy time with family and friends in fall. These autumn activities can be indoor or outdoor–however, you choose to enjoy the autumn season. They can include activities for you to do solo, with family, with friends, or all of the above.
There are no right or wrong answers for what should go on your bucket list. Just make it unique to you, where you are, and what you hope to do before winter comes.
How do I use a fall bucket list?
- Make a list of the fun fall activities that you’d like to do. Use this fall bucket list to decide what autumn activities you want to do in 2021.
- Sketch a rough schedule. Take your personal planner or calendar and think about when you can do each activity during the autumn months. Pencil in some ideas for when you can complete some of your favorite activities.
- Invite friends! Now that you know your bucket list and when you might want to do these fun fall activities, it’s time to get the squad together. Round up some friends to come with you on your fall adventures.
- Take Pictures as you make Memories. Remember everything you did for your fall 2021 bucket list? Neither do I! You can collect knickknacks or simply take pictures to remember all the fun fall activities you loved (or hated).
- Have fun! Don’t be afraid to go out of your comfort zone, add to the bucket list with fall ideas of your own, or remove what you don’t like.
Ready to get started? >>>
42 Fall Activity Ideas to Do with Friends
These 42 Fun Fall Things to Do with Friends cover your indoor and outdoor activities. It includes fun fall ideas you can tweak to make your own or build from as you write your own Autumn Bucket List. The list begins with outdoor activities then covers creative fun fall ideas and more activities specific to enjoying with friends.
At the end, there is a downloadable template with suggested autumn activities for adults to get you started.
What can you do outside in autumn?
- Go to a pumpkin patch
- Do a Corn Maze – just set aside enough time to get out…
- Mopeds/Go-cart through a Corn Maze – I’ve done it before and it is 10 times more fun than it looks
- Jump in a Pile of Leaves – Also try raking your elderly neighbor’s leaves
- Go Hiking – Enjoy nature while the weather isn’t too hot or too cold
- Decorate your Yard or Balcony for Fall
More Autumn Outdoor Activities
- Pumpkin Picking
- Apple Picking
- Visit the Local Fair – State and County Fairs usually set up in the Fall
- Take a Scenic Drive – The mountains are calling!
- Go on Walks – on tree-lined streets to appreciate the leaves changing colors
- Go on a Walking Ghost Tour
What are some good, creative fall activities?
- Make crafty fall decorations
- Experiment with New Thanksgiving Recipes – or recreate your all-time favorite ones
- Carve Pumpkins – get ready to get messy
- Paint Pumpkins – a slightly less messy, creative fall activity with pumpkins
- Create Fall Inspired Art with Autumn’s colors
- Make Homemade Hot Apple Cider
- Make and Decorate Pumpkin Spice Cupcakes – the cream cheese icing makes the desert
- Bake sugar cookies and cut into fall shapes (pumpkins, leaves, etc) – then decorate with colored frosting before enjoying! Who says you can’t eat art?
What other activities do people do in the fall?
- Go to a Haunted House
- Attend University Homecoming – Dust off your university gear and head to the homecoming festivities as an alumnus or alumna.
- Watch Halloween movies – Here’s a Halloween movie list from the Confused Millennial.
- Drink Pumpkin Spice Lattes
- Hit the Fall Sales
- Drink Apple Cider
- Decorate Your House for Fall
- Gratitude Challenges – Do a 30-days of thanks challenge with friends where you try to practice thoughtful gratitude every day. Or memorize a Bible verse about thankfulness for the season.
Related: How to Make a Gratitude List
Other Fall Things to Do
- Fall Flannel Shopping
- Make Homemade Pumpkin Spice Lattes – My favorite recipe for pumpkin spice lattes
- Bake Pumpkin Pie
- Bake Pumpkin Bread
- Bake all Pumpkin Recipes – there are so many things you can do with pumpkin! But for some reason we are only interested in those recipes in fall.
- Take Fall Pictures – of family, of friends, of nature, etc.
- Early Christmas Shopping – never too early to get a head start as long as you set your budget. Here are 18 creative ways to save this holiday season.
You May Also Like: Taking Time for Yourself & Prioritizing Self-Care This Season
Invite Friends – More Autumn Activities for Adults
- Travel to a Scenic Fall City or State – I’ve heard good things about Vermont, for those in the US
- A Weekend Trip with Friends to the Mountains – reconnect with nature
Host a Friendsgiving – Thanksgiving but with all of your friends instead of all of your family. Do it potluck style so the hosting burden doesn’t fall on one person
- Host a Fall Flannel – A casual, informal homecoming. Think party but where everyone wears flannel, and you enjoy all the typical fall foods and games
- Host a Halloween Party
- Fall Closet Swap – If you don’t want to break the bank, but you want a new wardrobe, gather a couple of friends and do a fall closet swap. Exchange scarves, sweaters, boots, and all your fall clothing to have something “new” to wear for the season.
- Have a Thanksgiving Movie marathon – When I host friendsgiving, we always watch the Thanksgiving episodes of the show Friends.
What is the most popular fall activity?
Fall activities and traditions vary around the world. Halloween is rather popular in the United States, and in some of the places I lived in Europe, the college students picked up the Halloween tradition for their own. On the other hand, in Andorra, the people were more focused on November 1st, the Day of the Dead.
Then there is Thanksgiving – the pilgrim’s holiday. Besides Canada which has a similar holiday, Thanksgiving isn’t practiced outside the US. So the most popular fall activity – it has to come down to the holidays in each nation.
Each country has their own traditions and rich histories that we’re still honoring and celebrating generations later in the Autumn Season.
Isn’t that incredible? Autumn is truly a special season.
Download the Customizable Fun Fall Bucket List 2021
How to keep track of all these fun fall activities? Here’s a free fall bucket list pdf for you to use to chart out your autumn adventures. This printable will give you ideas for fun fall things to do and give you space to come up with your own bucket list.
Fun Fall Things to Do with Friends
Writing this list has gotten me excited for more fall! I can’t wait for the pumpkins, the cooler weather, and the beautiful leaves changing colors. I’m so thankful God created fall and that he’s given me friends and family with which to enjoy the season.
I hope this list of fun fall things to do with friends makes your autumn one to remember. Happy Fall!
What are some autumn activities you enjoy?
Leave me a comment below!
Don’t miss this! More posts in the Living & Adulting Category
- The Daring 30 before 30 Challenge You Don’t Want to Miss
- 18 Creative Ways to Save Money During the Holidays
- 5 Easy Ways to Simplify Your Life and Stress Less This Week
- Weekly Goal Ideas to Help Focus Your Life (+Free Printable)
Check out my freebies library with the best of my free printables and fun, inspiring phone screensavers to encourage you. These do not require any sign up. If you want to get more regular updates, subscribe below. Either way, thanks for visiting!
Join our Email List!
Hey there! You don’t have to navigate the adulting struggle on your own. Here at Kara J Lovett Co., we want to support you while you’re figuring things out and getting it together.
That’s why we’ve made the “Getting It Together Guide”: 25 pages of support, encouragement, practical tips, prayers, devotionals, and resources for the adulting struggle.
Subscribe to our site for access to the guide, regular post updates, fun freebies, and printables! Or find out more about our premium Getting it Together Guide here.